What’s up everybody! It’s your boy No Leezy. I am so excited about heading to LA for the BET Awards! L.A. has a lot going on and I intend to take full advantage. Here’s my list of must see locations while out on the west coast. Check it out, and don’t forget to watch the BET Awards on July 1 at 8pm.
1. Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles A popular hang-out for celebrities, Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles has some of the best food in L.A. With five locations, you know I have to stop by at least one. Besides the food being so good, I love the fact that they give back to the community by contributing to youth programs dedicated to helping at-risk youth. http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/
2. Pink’s Pink’s claims to be home of the world’s best chilly dog, so I’m going to have to put them to the test. This hot dog stand has provided food for several celebrities before and after they became stars. Check out their website and see some of the familiar faces that have enjoyed a Pink’s dog.
3. The Hollywood Sign I’m going to have to make time for the biggest Hollywood star out there; the Hollywood Sign. It’s been in tons of movies but there’s nothing like being up close and personal.
4. Swap Meets One of the best things about L.A. is that it has tons of swap meets! Hundreds of vendors selling sneakers, electronics, printed T’s, jewelry for the ladies, home accessories, and more!
5. Sunset Boulevard Sunset Boulevard is one of the most famous streets in the country. So I have to cruise down the Sunset Strip at least once.
6. Universal Studios Universal Studios is calling my name, too. You can see how they make movies, first-hand. I can’t wait to check out the different sets and movie special effects.
7. The Watts Towers The Watts Towers are pretty cool. The towers are decorated with abstract pieces of bottles, ceramic tile, scrap metal, and sea shells. It’s unbelievable, but the designer worked for over 30 years, using only simple hand tools. http://www.wattstowers.us/
8. Star Tours Since I’ll be in Hollywood, I figure I would also take time to check out where the stars live. They have several Star Tours that take you all over the city.
9. Petersen Automotive Museum I can’t wait to go to the Peterson Automotive Museum and see some of the tricked out low-riders that L.A. is famous for. The museum even has a display dedicated to vehicles from superhero shows and movies like the Mach 5 from Speed Racer, the Green Hornet’s car, and the Batmobile. http://www.petersen.org
10. Griffith Observatory I heard that the planetarium shows at the Griffith Observatory are amazing. So this famous landmark makes the list. It’s been said that you can find the best view of Los Angeles up there. I’m looking forward to taking a few pictures. http://www.griffithobservatory.org