The Maddhouse figured we would give you some little known African-American firsts! These may or may not be factual, but they sure are funny! Leave yours in the comments section!
- Charles “Ro-Ro” Roland was the “Ro-Ro”Roland first person to refer to an old, beat-up car as a “hooptie.”
- Stanley Myers was the first person to ask if he can “put somethin’ on a bill.”
- Troy Booker was the first black person to refer to a flavor of Kool-Aid as “red.”
- Will Richards was the first black person to put something on his mama
- Ceephus McCoy was the first black person to ask for change back from a church collection plate.
- Virgil T. Banks was the first black person to use the phrase “see, what had happened was…”
- Lanetta norwood was the first person to put more than 25 barrettes in one child’s hair at one time.
- Barlow Hopkins was the first person to be down with O.P.P.
- Joe “Junebug” Johnson was the first person to refer to a pack of Newports as “Squares.”
- Bea “Big Bertha” Johnson was the first person to put her money in her bossom instead of her purse.
- Jim Bob McGile was the first man to get on and leave yo ass for a white girl.
- Orlinda Walton was the first person to to advise one who doesn’t know that they “better ask somebody.”
- Mitch Billingsly was the first person to use a jelly jar as a drinking glass.
- Janet Miles-Quarry was the first person to tell someone they play too much.
- Vonique Bates was the first black person to successfully slap the black off of someone.