20 Throwback Hip-Hop Songs From The Early 2000s
The Rap/Hip-Hop industry is nuts these days! From 2 Chainz to Wale to ASAP Rocky and Future, the industry is burning up with love for these somewhat newcomers in the game! While we appreciate the music that is being released today, we want to take you back in time. A time where a different face of rappers and hip-hop artists ran the game. We’re not trying to make you sad, we just want you to reminisce with us.
So check out 20 Throwback Hip-Hop songs from the early 2000s, and tell us what you think? Remember some songs that we didn’t? Well leave us a comment in the section below and we’ll add to it!
1. “Conceited” – Remy Ma
Way before she was locked behind bars, female rapper Remy Ma was not one to be afraid to flaunt what she got!
2. “Crowded” – Jeannie Ortega feat. Pappoose
Even though she was basically a one-hit wonder, Jeannie Ortega teamed up with rapper Pappoose to create an incredible hip-hop duet!
3. “Grindin'” – Clipse
Who doesn’t remember the little boys in the classroom using the pen and pencil to make this beat on their desks?
4. “Hate It Or Love It” – The Game, 50 Cent
Aw G-Unit… we miss you guys being an actual unit as opposed to just different pieces of the puzzle now. We definitely loved it back then.
5. “Hey Ma” – Cam’Ron feat. Juelz Santana
These two teamed up for a cute song about picking up women… It definitely warmed our hearts.
6. “Lean Back” – Terror Squad feat. Fat Joe, Remy Ma
If you weren’t one of the millions of people doing this dance when this song came out, I’m a little worried about your taste in music… just saying.
7. “Make It Rain” – Fat Joe feat. Lil Wayne
We did, in fact, want to “make it rain” just like Lil Wayne and Fat Joe.. even though we ALL knew we barely had rain drops.
8. “On Fire” – Lloyd Banks
Everyone loved Lloyd Banks! This was back in the day when he actually was on fire.
9. “Pass The Courvoisier Part II” – Busta Rhymes feat. P. Diddy & Pharrell
Diddy was no stranger to collaborations back in the day. Check out on his most popular ones.
10. “Put It On Me” Ja Rule feat. Lil’ Mo & Vita
Ja Rule used to be the MAN back in the day! Check out his song where he teamed up with Lil Mo & Vita for a crazy good song.
11. “Shake Ya Tailfeather” – Nelly feat. P. Diddy & Murphy Lee
This is like our modern-day “twerking,” only with a flare of “bad boy.” Check out this throwback joint!
12. “Smile” – G-Unit
Aw… Guerilla Unit did have a soft side, didn’t they?
13. “Still Not A Player” – Big Pun feat. Joe
Before Arianna Grande and Mac Miller made their stamp with “The Way,” this song was burning up the charts!
14. “Stunt 101″ – G-Unit
Remember when G-Unit was used to drop crazy songs? Well this was one them! Check it out.
15. “Tell Me” – Diddy feat. Christina Aguilera
What an unlikely, but well executed duet!
16. “There It Go” – Juelz Santana
Oh Juelz Santana and Dipset! They were like the YMCMB of today’s generation… and I guess Juelz Santana was like the Drake to Jim Jones’ Lil Wayne? Either way, we loved this song!
17. “This is Why I’m Hot” – MIMS
Remember this? When this song came out, everyone thought there were fire! Check it out.
18. “U Make Me Wanna” – Jadakiss feat. Mariah Carey
Remember when all rappers wanted to work with Mariah Carey? Well check out one that actually worked!
19. “What You Gon Do” – Lil Jon and The East Side Boys, Lil Scrappy
Awwww shoot! This was one of the first songs that made us stop and pay attention to Lil Jon back in the day.
20. “What’s Love?” Fat Joe feat. Ja Rule and Ashanti
These three were veterans in the hip-hop department and no strangers to creating chart topping hits!
So did your nostalgia kick in? Let us know!
- Kicks For The City – Donating Shoes To Those In Need
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Wu-Tang Clan Bring the ‘Ruckus in B Minor’ to Letterman: Watch
- The Dirty Dirty: Halle Takes Her Baby Daddy To Court About Their Daughter’s Hair